Mission Scripture

Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Alma 26:12



Missionaries

Missionaries
Elder Taylor & Hermana Meryl

MTC

MTC
Goodbye at the MTC

About Me

I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The Ohio Cincinnati Mission was dissolved and I have been reassinged to the West Virginia Charleston Mission. I am currently serving in Salem, Virginia. I am enjoying sharing the gospel. It is wonderful to watch people's lives change as they accept the gospel. I have learned that the Lord always listens to us and answers our prayers. I have enjoyed helping people. The service that I have given has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my mission.















Wednesday, April 8, 2009

It's Transfer Week

hiii, the work is progressing, sorry i wasn't able to email you on monday. the week of transfers preperation day is on tuesday and our library is closed on tuesdays so that is why i am emailing you on wednesday. we didn't get a call so we will be here another 6 weeks. transfers will always be on tuesdays. im pretty sure we always get new missionaries since some missionaries go home every transfer so it would make sense.
im pretty sure i got the package, the one with oatmeal and the cookies? that came just in time because i running out of milk, i would have to pour the milk i just used back into the carton after i ate the cereal so it was turning a brownish color...anyway
i really enjoyed conference, i liked elder scott's? talk about providently living the most because i think it can really apply to everyone everyday. we watched it at the church, not very many members came to ones on saturday but we did get an investigator to come to priesthood and one of the members brought a nonmember friend so it turned out well.
the baptism a few weeks ago was just a member turning 8 so it was nothing too exciting but alot of the extended family came and they were nonmembers so that's always good for that stuff to happen. we met with the s. family yesterday, the wife was at work so we just talked with the husband and the son giving the dad a really big talk on the word of wisdom because he says he knows he shouldn't be smoking but he's not ready to give it up yet which is a little difficult right now.
thats pretty dope that jaes is going to finland, scott t. is going there, i think scott is in the mtc right now, he's going to helsinki.
1. i don't consider myself green anymore since there are missionaries younger than me now.
2.yes we email from the library.
3.i might need some ideas for food but i will let you know, i cooked a lot of spagetti yesterday.
4.elder lundstrom has been out 20 months
5.do as you wish.
hope everything is going well
love
elder taylor call

No comments:

Post a Comment