Mission Scripture

Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Alma 26:12



Missionaries

Missionaries
Elder Taylor & Hermana Meryl

MTC

MTC
Goodbye at the MTC

About Me

I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The Ohio Cincinnati Mission was dissolved and I have been reassinged to the West Virginia Charleston Mission. I am currently serving in Salem, Virginia. I am enjoying sharing the gospel. It is wonderful to watch people's lives change as they accept the gospel. I have learned that the Lord always listens to us and answers our prayers. I have enjoyed helping people. The service that I have given has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my mission.















Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter

hiii,
my easter was well, in the morning we just went to church then after church we took sacrament to a member in a nursing home since he is not able to make it on his own. President Robbins had asked us to fast on sunday since one of the elders from mexico that finished his mission on wednesday was picked up at the airport by border patrol and is in prison so we were asked to fast for him so he could return home to his family. we were invited to go over to a members home and eat but we just went over and talked with them and they gave us food to eat for later. after we left their home we went to the p. family (the people with food storage) and we ended our fast and ate dinner with them. things with them are going really well, the wife has read the book of mormon, doctrine and covenants and has read parts of the pearl of great price. last night she also brought up the journal of discourses which is something that probably many members of the church don't even know what that is. they accept everything we teach them but they just need time to digest it since they have been taught one way for their whole lives and we are teaching them very new so it will take a little time. things with the s. family are coming along. they know they shouldn't be smoking but they don't really have a desire to quit, they barely make ends meet each month and have to borrow money for gas but they don't fully comprehend how much more money they would have if they quit smoking and drinking.
1. we drive an 07 or 08 chevy malibu
2. we get about an hour on the computer each week
3. we played bingo but the residents we usually play with were either asleep or in the hospital
4. this week we are having zone conference on thursday and elder watson from the proselyting division (he may have spoken in conference) is coming and talking with us. im looking forward to seeing the other missionaries i was with at the mtc as well.
5. i write in my journal evvverrryyy night.
i got the package on saturday, thanks so much for the small preach my gospel, it really helps having 2 of those as well. also you don't really need to send me packages very often unless i need something. right now i have probably the amount of candy i would consume in a year in the apartment so feel free to just send me letters if you would like, meryl also said something about the cost of letters going up? well i hope i was able to answer all your questions and everything is going well.
love elder taylor call

No comments:

Post a Comment