Mission Scripture

Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Alma 26:12



Missionaries

Missionaries
Elder Taylor & Hermana Meryl

MTC

MTC
Goodbye at the MTC

About Me

I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The Ohio Cincinnati Mission was dissolved and I have been reassinged to the West Virginia Charleston Mission. I am currently serving in Salem, Virginia. I am enjoying sharing the gospel. It is wonderful to watch people's lives change as they accept the gospel. I have learned that the Lord always listens to us and answers our prayers. I have enjoyed helping people. The service that I have given has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my mission.















Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My Weekly Report

Dear President Robbins, This past week we had two really neat experiences, the first was with a man named rob, we had been trying to see him and set up appointments with him for a while and the appointments we had set up he didn’t keep. So Saturday night we went over to his house and taught him, his wife, and his daughter. We taught them a first lesson and when we were talking about the Book of Mormon he said, “I’ve never read the Bible, but I will read this (Book of Mormon.) It was pretty cool to see the sincerity he has and the wanting to know attitude. The second experience was when we were teaching a family and the wife has a baptismal date but the husband is struggling with word of wisdom issues and other things. I kind of want to liken it to the story of amalickah and lehonti. Over the past few weeks when we ask him to do things he says he’ll think about it, he’ll think about it then this past week he said that he would pray about it. So not so much in a bad was as was Lehonti and amalickah but being persistent it helping.

No comments:

Post a Comment