Mission Scripture

Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Alma 26:12



Missionaries

Missionaries
Elder Taylor & Hermana Meryl

MTC

MTC
Goodbye at the MTC

About Me

I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The Ohio Cincinnati Mission was dissolved and I have been reassinged to the West Virginia Charleston Mission. I am currently serving in Salem, Virginia. I am enjoying sharing the gospel. It is wonderful to watch people's lives change as they accept the gospel. I have learned that the Lord always listens to us and answers our prayers. I have enjoyed helping people. The service that I have given has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my mission.















Monday, June 1, 2009

It Was Intense

well remember when we lived in texas and the tornado sirens would go off once a month for testing? well saturday night we were walking back to our car from talking with an investigator, the investigators friend said that thunderstorms were coming and there would be golf ball size hail. as we were walking the sirens went off, we looked at each other and started running back to the car. when we got back to the apartment we were taking pictures of the clouds bcause they looked really cool, at this point lightening storms were going on as well. we walked over to the other side of our apartments and lightening struck about 100 yards from where we were standing, it was soooo intense, it was bright red where it struck the ground. about 10 minutes later we could see funnels starting to come out of the clouds, at one point there were "sisters" two coming out. tornadoes touched down in 2 different places in our area. it was soo intense. i ended up having to call president robbins and asking him if we should go to a members home for the night but we didn't have to. when i told him all the had happened he started laughing and was like this is a journal entry day isn't it. but everything turned out alright, it was pretty intense when the sirens were all going off and the lightening struck.
hope everything is going well
love elder taylor call

No comments:

Post a Comment