Mission Scripture

Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Alma 26:12



Missionaries

Missionaries
Elder Taylor & Hermana Meryl

MTC

MTC
Goodbye at the MTC

About Me

I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The Ohio Cincinnati Mission was dissolved and I have been reassinged to the West Virginia Charleston Mission. I am currently serving in Salem, Virginia. I am enjoying sharing the gospel. It is wonderful to watch people's lives change as they accept the gospel. I have learned that the Lord always listens to us and answers our prayers. I have enjoyed helping people. The service that I have given has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my mission.















Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine

didn't get the packy saurday, hopefully i will today.
i'm really glad that you were able to go to chris's homecoming, i always thought i would be able to go to his and some of my friends from the MTC but...stuff happens and missions change, i'll be looking forward to seeing them when i come home. chris told me that eric had changed his life around and was preparing for a mission. if he was to leave in the next 10 days before i get home i would kill him haha.
i have an idea of what im going to speak on for my homecoming so if anyone asks tell them i already got it figured out.
tanks for inviting president and sister robbins, hopefully some of my other mission buddies will be able to make it. did you invite elder taylor? do you still talk to his mama?
hmm..glad i won't have sawdust on my feet after i get out of the shower now...

answers:
salem is great, i love it. if i wouldn't have served here my mission surely wouldn't have been the same, definetly one of my favorite areas. i gave my farewell testimony is church yesterday since next week is stake conference. hopefully in 2 weeks people will think my joke will be funnier than they did yesterday.
this week our progressing investigators are Adam and Fred. We've been teaching Brother Calloway for a while but yesterday was the first time he'd come to church. He's black and we're pretty sure he's gay..
sister fry didn't want to meet with us anymore, she wants to go to her daughters non-denominational church.
i'll be mailing you next week, don't worry. preperation day is on tuesday.
im gonna kiss everyone on the lips at the airport :) hahaha

so on wednesday elder glenn called us and told us about a man that works for one of their investigators. his name is ronnie and is really depressed and likes to drink. they said he normally doesn't answer the phone so we'd have to catch him at his house. well, he called him right after that and he answered. he said he'd be interested in meeting with us to call him tomorrow. well the next day we called him a few times and no answer. our appointment fell through with Garrett so cameron leneave (came home in december from the provo mish) took us to go see ronnie. we were able to teach him a little and we set a return appointment for saturday. saturday we had a real good lesson, brother baker came with us, he was a mental health counselor so he was able to talk to him and help him with the trials he is going through in his life right now. the Lord is sooo good to us.

elder taylor call

No comments:

Post a Comment