Mission Scripture

Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Alma 26:12



Missionaries

Missionaries
Elder Taylor & Hermana Meryl

MTC

MTC
Goodbye at the MTC

About Me

I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The Ohio Cincinnati Mission was dissolved and I have been reassinged to the West Virginia Charleston Mission. I am currently serving in Salem, Virginia. I am enjoying sharing the gospel. It is wonderful to watch people's lives change as they accept the gospel. I have learned that the Lord always listens to us and answers our prayers. I have enjoyed helping people. The service that I have given has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my mission.















Monday, January 3, 2011

Story Time

Hey I hope everything is going well. I know you like stories and this past weekend we had quite the experience so I hope you enjoy. i figure i might as well send something spiritual every now and again.

So for the past few months my companion and I have been working with an investigator named Sherry R. Her husband Frank is a recent convert who was baptized in the summer. She was raised Jewish and currently does not attend any church or have any religious affiliation. Our first lesson with her was pretty quick we weren’t able to get too deep into the message of the Restoration but she allowed us to come back. Our second visit we taught her the Restoration and everything seemed to be accepted well, (at the end of our first or second lesson with investigators we like to extend a soft baptismal commitment.) When we extended a soft baptismal commitment to her (when you come to know this is true will you be baptized by one holding the proper priesthood authority?) she accepted. It was then that she got real busy with work and we weren’t about to meet with her for about a month. When we ended that second lesson she didn’t seem too interested or really willing to change. Around Christmas time we went over and talked with her and she said that “right now I’m on the fence.” Even though it wasn’t baptism she made tremendous progress. I know her husband had been talking to her about the church and baptism and she was getting closer. In our next visit she said, “I really want to know this is true, I want to be baptized but don’t want to do something that I will regret.”

This past weekend as you know was fast Sunday, I began my fast at around 1:15 on Saturday afternoon, had an appointment with Sister R at 1:30. I fasted that she would make the decision to be baptized and join the church. When we went to their home, she greeted us, took our coats, and said that she had been thinking. She said, “last night at work I had a lot of time to think about it and I want to do it, I want to be baptized.” All of the struggles with her in lessons and helping her to understand all paid off. It was so amazing that we had received an answer to our fast that quickly.

Brother R received the Aaronic Priesthood yesterday and was ordained to the office of a Priest. This Saturday the 8th of January he will be able to baptize his wife in to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Then one year from now they will be able to go to the temple to be sealed for time and all eternity in the temple of our God. I love serving a mission, there is nothing I would rather be doing in all of my life than dedicating my time and talents to serving the Lord.

Yours Truly,
Elder Taylor Call

No comments:

Post a Comment