Mission Scripture

Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Alma 26:12



Missionaries

Missionaries
Elder Taylor & Hermana Meryl

MTC

MTC
Goodbye at the MTC

About Me

I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The Ohio Cincinnati Mission was dissolved and I have been reassinged to the West Virginia Charleston Mission. I am currently serving in Salem, Virginia. I am enjoying sharing the gospel. It is wonderful to watch people's lives change as they accept the gospel. I have learned that the Lord always listens to us and answers our prayers. I have enjoyed helping people. The service that I have given has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my mission.















Monday, January 24, 2011

Prayer Answered

Here is another story that was a result of a prayer being answered and the Lord’s will being accomplished through my companion and I.

The past few weeks Adam Benson and his family have been coming to church for all three hours. Adam is a non-member and is married to a member whose family attends our ward here in Salem. The Bensons live in the Cave Spring ward boundary but don’t really want to go to that ward because they don’t know anyone there and his wife’s family attends our ward. A few weeks ago we were told that Adam wants to be baptized and and his family have set a goal to be sealed in the temple. However since they don’t want to go to the ward in which boundaries they live he can’t be baptized.

Every week in correlation with our Ward Mission Leader we ask about him and they’re doing. We’ve been praying and thinking a lot about what the likely hood would be if they had any contracts with where they were currently living and joking about how they should move in with her mom for a few weeks until he is baptized. Sunday morning when Brother Deuterman (our ward mission leader) picked us up the following conversation occurred, Brother Deuterman “ have you heard about the Benson’s?” “no…..” they need raking leaves,….and moving on Saturday.” It was very unexpected to hear him say that especailly when there was no news the night before. We found out at church that they will be moving in to our boundaries on Saturday and we will begin teaching him the following week.

Salem, Mass. Is a pretty crazy place but in Salem, Va never have so many prayers been answered for the salvation of our investigators. I am so grateful for having a loving Heavenly Father who hears and answers our prayers and allows us to see His hand in our work each and every day. I’m really excited for the day in a little over a year when the Benson’s as well as the Romagnolo’s will be able to be sealed for time and all eternity in the Lord’s House. Being born and raised in the covenant has been such a wonderful blessing for me and how grateful I am to one day go to the Temple and to be sealed with my wife for time and all eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment