Mission Scripture

Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Alma 26:12



Missionaries

Missionaries
Elder Taylor & Hermana Meryl

MTC

MTC
Goodbye at the MTC

About Me

I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The Ohio Cincinnati Mission was dissolved and I have been reassinged to the West Virginia Charleston Mission. I am currently serving in Salem, Virginia. I am enjoying sharing the gospel. It is wonderful to watch people's lives change as they accept the gospel. I have learned that the Lord always listens to us and answers our prayers. I have enjoyed helping people. The service that I have given has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my mission.















Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Staying in Salem

i am doing really well, how are you? i did bring my camera but then i forgot to bring my license to give daddy my # oops...
the closest time wise is raleigh, nc but i think distance is DC.
Adam Benson is married to a member and he's come to church every week for the past while but lives in the other boundary and doesn't want to go to that ward....he wants to be baptized but needs to move wards before we can teach him.
did you meet elder arglye? he is in sister crane's ward. i was companions with him in olive hill during the first flood. he should be coming home soon or already home.
i am staying in salem with elder mckee.
i have no idea what to do about school. just make sure i have a ride every morning to mouth of the canyon. playing football sounds like a lot of fun, i also want to go to avaition school at UVU maybe or possibly go in the military. we'll figure it out when i get home.
for transfers, we all meet at the roanoke stake center then we all meet in charleston and go from there.
we found this really big apartment complex last week. yesterday the first door we knocked on no one was home then the second one a lady let us in and we taught her and have an appointment with her on thursday.
it seems like for me the biggest thing that changed me was in the 8th chapter of preach my gospel after weekly planning it talks about being accountable. that whatever we do we much be accountable for it. having that in perspective changes a lot of the decisions that you will make knowing the consequence. it's really hard to think back about the time i wasn't a missionary, it seems like this is all i've been doing. i've also covenanted with myself this last transfer to be in the world, but not of it. worrying alot about how the jazz are doing and byu. im going to focus on the work and expect to be blessed for doing all i can.
i love you
elder taylor call

No comments:

Post a Comment