Mission Scripture

Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Alma 26:12



Missionaries

Missionaries
Elder Taylor & Hermana Meryl

MTC

MTC
Goodbye at the MTC

About Me

I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The Ohio Cincinnati Mission was dissolved and I have been reassinged to the West Virginia Charleston Mission. I am currently serving in Salem, Virginia. I am enjoying sharing the gospel. It is wonderful to watch people's lives change as they accept the gospel. I have learned that the Lord always listens to us and answers our prayers. I have enjoyed helping people. The service that I have given has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my mission.















Monday, November 15, 2010

Don't Worry

don't worry, i am staying focused. when i come home its not the end, its only the beginning. salem is doing really well, so far since i've been here i've lost 8 pounds, i weigh 204. we were able to find some good investigators this past week. one of which, Justice, he's 13, his grandmother, mother, and sister are all members but he is not. he was taught in the past and has a really great understanding of the gospel. he taught us about the entire life of Jesus Christ and has a lot of potential. mike will hopefully be baptized soon, we're not sure when yet. we had a lesson with sherry on thursday that went alright, she had a hard time believing that Christ created the earth and not God. we're still working with her and her husband is pretty certain that she'll be baptized.
i'll look for the package. i'll probably go to snow in january, it feels alot better than going to the Y. do you have any other thoughts about it? (for christmas i would like a laptop with a camera so we can skype while i am away, an external hard dirve, and what ever else shelly can provide. maybe something metal with 4 wheels?)
we'll be having thanksgiving dinner with the cooks, they live 20 feet away from us. this coming week i'm looking forward to finding more people to teach and losing more weight.
did you go to the baby's birthday party?
i love you
elder taylor call

No comments:

Post a Comment