Mission Scripture

Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Alma 26:12



Missionaries

Missionaries
Elder Taylor & Hermana Meryl

MTC

MTC
Goodbye at the MTC

About Me

I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The Ohio Cincinnati Mission was dissolved and I have been reassinged to the West Virginia Charleston Mission. I am currently serving in Salem, Virginia. I am enjoying sharing the gospel. It is wonderful to watch people's lives change as they accept the gospel. I have learned that the Lord always listens to us and answers our prayers. I have enjoyed helping people. The service that I have given has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my mission.















Monday, March 15, 2010

Fairfield-Cinci

we live pretty close to fairfield but we are a good ways from cinci, well i guess it depends what part of cinci. Downtown cinci is in our zone and we drove past it last tuesday. Having 2 companions is pretty good so far, we seem to be having a lot of fun and we're able to get a lot of work accomplished. What do you mean how does it work with 3? Yea if we were to get 3 other members we would be able to teach a very good amount of lessons in one night.
Fairfield is pretty good, since its more city it seems like there is a lot more to memorize or get use to rather than being in Huntington where its a grid and fairly easy to get places. Elder Robinson was here previously and Elder Doxey came the same time as i did. We have a few pretty solid investigators, working on getting the other ones at the same place, we should be having a few baptisms this transfer hopefully.
Sister Bledsoe is in Fairfield spanish so we see her a few times a week and Sister Ferrin is in my district. Elder Robinson is my companion.
Tell nin that i got the letter and i should write her back today. My favorite experience this past week is probably yesterday we were at an investigators house named mary and she has been reading from the book of mormon and has a strong testimony that it is true but she didn't feel the need to be rebaptized. we had a lesson about how since one of them is true the rest of the things in the Restoration has to be true as well. we asked her how her praying was going and she said that felt a peace when she prayed about being rebaptized and she more or less just has to quit smoking now and she'll be baptized.
My most favorite area was probably huntington just because there is so much going on there with the work and alot of crazy stuff. Probably the most recent or biggest thing that has increased my testimony is when i have questions or struggling with things i can read in the Book of Mormon and find answers to what i am experiencing.
Im grateful your not picking me up...it would probably just turn into an awkward crying sesh for like half an hour...
love you
elder taylor call

No comments:

Post a Comment