Mission Scripture

Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Alma 26:12



Missionaries

Missionaries
Elder Taylor & Hermana Meryl

MTC

MTC
Goodbye at the MTC

About Me

I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The Ohio Cincinnati Mission was dissolved and I have been reassinged to the West Virginia Charleston Mission. I am currently serving in Salem, Virginia. I am enjoying sharing the gospel. It is wonderful to watch people's lives change as they accept the gospel. I have learned that the Lord always listens to us and answers our prayers. I have enjoyed helping people. The service that I have given has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my mission.















Monday, August 24, 2009

A Pretty Good Week

hi everyone
this past week was pretty good, on friday or saturday night we went over to this part members home to ask them about their neighbor who is a member, the member wasn't home but we talked to the husband who is really cool and he told us about them then we helped him put together this dog blower thing, his wife is a dog groomer then he was like just stay around for a while and he made us grilled terayaki steak and pineapple on the grill and we talked for a long time about the church and porter rockwell. on saturday night we had to goto the store to buy papertowells before we went in and in the parking lot this guy was staring at us and elder james asked him if we could help him with anything and we told him we were mormons then he said he was too and they just moved here from pennslyvaina and he was baptized about a year ago and his wife was taking the lessons before they moved so they live in our ward but we're not sure where. then last night we went over to some members homes to ask them where their neighbor lived that they had talked about the gospel with and when we were there they had some other non member friends there so we were able to teach them and they were really interested. so it has been a pretty good last couple of days.
also on friday when the member got home she was showing us pictures then elder james showed her his sisters blog then i was like i think my sister has a blog so we went on that and she thinks the main picture of owen was really cute and we watched the video of him on the boats at lagoon then i went on "my" blog which was pretty much a blank page with something talking about a black hole? that picture of owen with the kitty was cute too, we'll have to teach him what we do to full size cats when he gets older.
hope everything is going well
love
elder taylor call

No comments:

Post a Comment