Mission Scripture

Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Alma 26:12



Missionaries

Missionaries
Elder Taylor & Hermana Meryl

MTC

MTC
Goodbye at the MTC

About Me

I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The Ohio Cincinnati Mission was dissolved and I have been reassinged to the West Virginia Charleston Mission. I am currently serving in Salem, Virginia. I am enjoying sharing the gospel. It is wonderful to watch people's lives change as they accept the gospel. I have learned that the Lord always listens to us and answers our prayers. I have enjoyed helping people. The service that I have given has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my mission.















Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Very Well

dear mom,
Olive Hill is doing very well, it was probably one of the areas that didn't accomplish much in the past. This week we taught the most lessons out of everyone in our district (18) and we have an investigator with a baptismal date for may 22. it really has been amazing to see what "a little hard work and a positive attitude can do." Elder Argyle is pretty good, we get along pretty well, still getting use to the different teaching styles. that is fine if you talk to his mom i don't care. The lady on facebook is Penny Hedge, she is the relief society president and a really nice lady. Was the focus on Pike County? (American Idol)
On sunday after church president gee came with us to find this lady that paintsville had been teaching. Her uncle had been calling us and telling us that he wanted to get her baptized on saturday. when he found her she is very solid and has a baptismal date for may 22, she will be the first convert baptism in olive hill in over 2 years. Also on sunday there was a flash flood, there was water up to our knees in our front yard, a lot of olive hill was destroyed (thats why we didn't email yesterday) and 8,000 people are without phones.
what was your fun experience?
love you
talk to you sunday
elder taylor call

No comments:

Post a Comment