Mission Scripture

Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Alma 26:12



Missionaries

Missionaries
Elder Taylor & Hermana Meryl

MTC

MTC
Goodbye at the MTC

About Me

I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The Ohio Cincinnati Mission was dissolved and I have been reassinged to the West Virginia Charleston Mission. I am currently serving in Salem, Virginia. I am enjoying sharing the gospel. It is wonderful to watch people's lives change as they accept the gospel. I have learned that the Lord always listens to us and answers our prayers. I have enjoyed helping people. The service that I have given has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my mission.















Monday, September 20, 2010

Baptism

larry's baptism went really well, his non-member sister and his neice were able to make it. no one expected them to come so it was really cool. it has been a long time since i have been in a font, and the first time i have ever been on the baptizing end of it. it was a really great experience, hopefully you won't want to miss work so you can stay home all day and read my journal when i get home. i was thinking about my baptism during the talks, i was trying to think back to mine, ( my memory isn' t that great.) i only really remember walking down to the tabernacle, sitting with dad, then talking to a sister missionary after and holding my new scriptures which felt like 50 pounds then going to chuck a rama.
elder alexander is in my zone, he's a district leader, he was an assistant for a while in both missions.
yesterday in student ward we sang a song that i had never even heard before and the tune was making no sense at all, it wasn't my favorite.
birthday was good, i had 4 cakes by thursday night, those members are really great, i really enjoyed it. i really loved the letters and the tape. the pizza was very good, i like nick's a lot. the guy that delivered it was like, "this is from your mom.....in utah." thank you
i really feel the prayers, especailly in general conference prayers.
i love you
elder taylor call

No comments:

Post a Comment